Refunds for courses are issued only if the cancellation or reschedule occurs per Capable Inc. inability to conduct the course. Reschedules due to weather or other circumstances outside Capable Inc. control will result in an issuance of credit towards another Capable Inc. course of equal pricing. No refunds will be issued for the cancellation on the part of the attendee/student, Course credit will be issued.
Intro to Long Range Precision – Feb 10th – White Lake, NC
White Lake, NC
8am – 5pm
Our intro course is for anyone who wants to get started learning the art and science of long-range shooting. All shooters: military, LE, hunters, and folks who just want to smash steel targets are welcome to attend this course. This course covers the fundamentals of precision and long-range shooting, gun/ gear set up, ballistics, environment effects, and the ballistic solvers.
We have student gun and gear packages available for this course at $100. This option allows for the complete beginner to gain the knowledge needed to make informed decisions when they purchase their gun and equipment. Contact us to reserve your gun and gear. *Student must supply the ammo (6.5 creedmoor or .308).
Gun & Gear Requirements for the course:
– Watch our Youtube series: Intro to Long Range and Precision Rifle Set Up.
– Rifle capable of sub .4 Mrad or sub-MOA (less than 1″ group at 100m) accuracy.
Please arrive with your rifle zeroed at 100 meters. We will cover gaining a proper zero, verify zero, and make adjustments, but having all students arrive with a close zero saves precious time.
– First focal plane optic of at least 15x magnification with a long range Mrad* or MOA “Christmas tree” style reticle (examples: Horus Tremor, Nightforce Mil-XT, Leupold PR2). Mrad is the industry standard. If purchasing your first optic, choose Mrad over MOA.
– Anti cant level. Flatline Ops Halo-X is our favorite.
– Bipod with swivel capability: Harris “S” and Atlas are the industry standards. 9-13 inch tall, or similar height are best.
– 120 rounds of the same (same brand, same bullet, same load) match ammunition.
No mix and match ammo! Having consistent performing ammunition is how we predict trajectories (Ex: A 162gr round fired at 2700fps may have an elevation hold of 4.2 mRads at 600m. A 1875gr round fired at 2600fps may have an elevation hold of 4.9mRads. The difference of 0.7mRads at 600m is 18″ and obviously that is a big miss.) Our recommended factory ammo is Hornady ELD-X, Hornaday ELD-M, and Federal Premium.
– Sling (adjustable Viking Tactical style is recommended)
– Kestrel 5700 w/ Applied Ballistics or Hornady 4DOF solver or Applied Ballistics App downloaded to phone (The Kestrel is HIGHLY recommended).
– Rear bag (our highly recommend is the Armageddon Sticky Game Changer bag).
– Shooting mat. (Midway USA and Cabelas/Bass Pro have really good mats for $50 and under).
– Tool kit with bits and heads for all the screws on your rifle, chassis/stock, and optic.
– Food and drinks for the day
– Appropriate clothing for the weather forecast.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS about your gear or what gear to purchase, please contact us. LR is an inherently expensive endeavor, so getting the right gear the first time is worthwhile.