Refunds for courses are issued only if the cancellation or reschedule occurs per Capable Inc. inability to conduct the course. Reschedules due to weather or other circumstances outside Capable Inc. control will result in an issuance of credit towards another Capable Inc. course of equal pricing. No refunds will be issued for the cancellation on the part of the attendee/student, Course credit will be issued.
Intro to Long Range Precision – Oct 14/15th – White Lake, NC
White Lake, NC
8am – 5pm Saturday
8am – 4pm Sunday
Our intro course is for anyone who wants to get started learning the art and science of long-range shooting. All shooters: military, LE, hunters, and folks who just want to smash steel targets are welcome to attend this course. This course covers the fundamentals of precision and long range shooting, gun and gear set up, ballistics, environment effects, and the ballistic solvers, while also providing our students with the skills needed for tripod and positional shooting.
We have student gun and gear packages available for this course at $100. This option allows for the complete beginner to gain the knowledge needed to make informed decisions when they purchase their gun and equipment. Contact us to reserve your gun and gear. *Student must supply the ammo (6.5 creedmoor or .308).
Gun & Gear Requirements for the course:
– Watch our Youtube series: Intro to Long Range and Precision Rifle Set Up.
– Rifle capable of sub .4 Mrad or sub-MOA (less than 1″ group at 100m) accuracy.
Please arrive with your rifle zeroed at 100 meters. We will cover gaining a proper zero, verify zero, and make adjustments, but having all students arrive with a close zero saves precious time.
– First focal plane optic of at least 15x magnification with a long range Mrad* or MOA “Christmas tree” style reticle (examples: Horus Tremor, Nightforce Mil-XT, Leupold PR2). Mrad is the industry standard. If purchasing your first optic, choose Mrad over MOA.
– Anti cant level. Flatline Ops Halo-X is our favorite.
– Bipod with swivel capability: Harris “S” and Atlas are the industry standards. 9-13 inch tall, or similar height are best.
– 250 rounds of the same (same brand, same bullet, same load) match ammunition.
No mix and match ammo! Having consistent performing ammunition is how we predict trajectories (Ex: A 200gr round fired at 2850fps may have an elevation hold of 4.5 mRads at 600m. A 180gr round fired at 2900fps may have an elevation hold of 5.1mRads. The difference of 0.6mRads at 600m is 15″ and obviously that is a miss of the vitals of most big game animals.) Our recommended factory ammo is Hornady ELD-X and Federal Premium.
– Sling (adjustable Viking Tactical style is recommended).
– Tripod capable of supporting your rifle’s weight. (Two Vets Tripods are our recommend).
– Tripod attachment / ball head for rifle. Pigg Saddle and Arca rail systems are most popular.
– Kestrel 5700 w/ Applied Ballistics or Hornady 4DOF solver or Applied Ballistics App downloaded to phone (The Kestrel is HIGHLY recommended).
– Rear bag (highly recommend is the Armageddon Gear Pint Sized, Sticky Game Changer bag).
– Support Bag (highly recommend the Armageddon Gear Fat Bag, Medium sized).
– Shooting mat. (Midway USA and Cabelas/Bass Pro have really good mats for $50 and under).
– Tool kit with bits and heads for all the screws on your rifle, chassis/stock, and optic.
– Food and drinks for the day
– Appropriate clothing for the weather forecast.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS about your gear or what gear to purchase, please contact us. LR is an inherently expensive endeavor, so getting the right gear the first time is worthwhile.