Refunds for courses are issued only if the cancellation or reschedule occurs per Capable Inc. inability to conduct the course. Reschedules due to weather or other circumstances outside Capable Inc. control will result in an issuance of credit towards another Capable Inc. course of equal pricing. No refunds will be issued for the cancellation on the part of the attendee/student, Course credit will be issued.
Intro to Long Range Precision – White Lake, NC – Feb 25/26
White Lake, NC
This course is for anyone who wants to the learn the art and science of long range shooting. All shooters; military, LE, hunters, and folks who just want to smash steel targets are welcome to attend this course. Our LR classes cover the fundamentals or precision and long range while also providing our students with the skills needed for tripod and positional shooting and these things transfer from each to discipline to the next with only minor adjustments.
– Rifle capable of sub MOA (less than 1″ group at 100m) accuracy. Please arrive with your rifle zeroed at 100 meters or 100 yards (we typically shoot in meters) if possible.
– First focal plane optic of at least 10x magnification with a long range Mrad* or MOA “christmas tree” style reticle (examples: Horus Tremor, Nightforce Mil-XT). If you are purchasing new optics before this course, *Mrad is recommended. It is what the majority of LR community uses.
– Bipod: Harris and Atlas are the industry standards.
– 250 rounds of the same (same brand, same bullet, same load) match ammunition.
No mix and match ammo! Having consistent performing ammunition is how we predict trajectories (Ex: A 200gr round fired at 2850fps may have an elevation hold of 4.5 mRads at 600m. A 180gr round fired at 2900fps may have an elevation hold of 5.1mRads. The difference of 0.6mRads at 600m is 15″ and obviously that is a miss of the vitals of most big game animals.) Our recommended factory ammo is Hornady ELD-X, Hornady ELD-M and Federal Premium.
– Sling (adjustable V-Tac style or comparable is recommended)
– Tripod capable of supporting your rifle’s weight. (Two Vets Tripods are our recommend).
– Tripod attachment for rifle. Pigg Saddle and Arca rail systems are most popular. Both are adequate.
– Kestrel 5700 w/ Applied Ballistics or Applied Ballistics App downloaded to phone (The Kestrel is HIGHLY recommended).
– Rear bag (highly recommend is the Armageddon Gear Pint Sized, Sticky Game Changer bag)
– Support Bag (highly recommend the Armageddon Gear Fat Bag, Medium sized).
– Shooting mat
– Food and drinks for the day
– Appropriate clothing for the weather forecast.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS about your gear or what gear to purchase, please contact us. LR is an inherently expensive endeavor, so getting the right gear the first time is worthwhile.